Daikin Aircon Installation
Air conditioners are an essential appliance to have in every home especially to combat hot weather conditions. It keeps your home cool at all times, providing you more comfort especially when staying indoors. There are many types of air conditioners in the market but we will first introduce you to the winning aircon that has won the hearts of many Singaporeans – Daikin aircon.
There are many reasons to install a Daikin aircon and we will share with you why many Singaporeans go for it. Daikin air conditioners are Japan made and prides in being the top air specialist. It believes that every surrounding has different air and would require its aircon to perfect the air. With advanced technology, Daikin air conditioners also have smart solution features such as D’SMARTHOME for residential areas and a Bluetooth service checker for commercial spaces.
When it comes to aircon installation, you should engage a professional who would be able to avoid mistakes of Daikin aircon installation and get the job done well. Your Daikin aircon also requires regular servicing after installation, which many tend to overlook because their aircon is working fine. Overtime, your Daikin aircon might face common problems such as an aircon leak or failure to cool the surrounding. DW Aircon Singapore provides a range of aircon installation services and even repair works to repair your faulty aircon or replace whenever needed. Here is a comprehensive list of an aircon installation guide which you might find useful too.
Before we dive into the topic about the different Daikin aircon services available, let’s find out more about Daikin aircon.
Table of contents (click on the sub-topic to get to the section you want)
- Types of Daikin aircon
- Where to install Daikin aircon
- Reasons to install a Daikin aircon
- Popular Daikin aircon models in Singapore
- Things to look out for before an aircon installation
- Common mistakes to avoid during Daikin aircon installation
- Common problems of Daikin aircon
- Proper Daikin aircon maintenance
- Case study
- FAQs on Daikin aircon installation/replacement
TYPES OF DAIKIN AIRCON
There are generally 3 types of Daikin air conditioners in Singapore:
- Multi split air conditioning – Allows you to run multiple air conditioners with just an outside compressor, enables you to independently control the temperature over each room.
- Split system air conditioning – Designed for individual areas in your home with the compressor installed outside your house and the unit that passes air into the house is discreetly wall mounted or a compact floor-standing unit.
- Ducted air conditioning – An all-in-one climate control solution which positions outdoor and indoor units in your ceiling or under your floor.
Daikin air conditioners can be placed in different areas of your home. The common areas are bedrooms, but recently more people have been installing Daikin air conditioners in living rooms too. On the other hand, condensers that come with the air conditioners can be installed indoors or outdoors depending on the preference of the homeowner.
REASONS TO INSTALL DAIKIN AIRCON
- Made in Japan: Daikin has constantly strive for innovation in technology, sustainability, and engineering in their aircon products. Daikin is a company that best represents Japan by offering quality products with the best designs and features.
- Caters to all needs: Meets with the demands of all types of Singaporeans with aircon products that can be used for commercial and residential purposes. It also provides various price tiers to remain affordable for everyone.
- Pioneer in air conditioning services: Daikin is one of the pioneer brands that has been making aircon products for a long time now. To protect the originality of its inventions, Daikin has several patents under its name.
- Environmentally friendly products: Daikin aircon products are eco-friendly with most of its premium-range products scoring NEA 5 ticks in Singapore.
- Energy-efficient systems: Daikin aircon products show maximum cooling capacity with minimal use of electricity, scoring NEA 5 Ticks on its Daikin Smile Series, though they do come at a higher price than an NEA 2 Tick Daikin Inverter System 1. This allows the user to save on energy expenditure while providing adequate cooling to their homes.
- Durable aircon products: Products can withstand varying conditions and other elements that destroy most aircon products. The durability of Daikin ensures users that they will get their money’s worth. Daikin air conditioners are also easy to clean and maintain.
POPULAR DAIKIN AIRCON MODELS IN SINGAPORE
These are some of the top selling aircon products from Daikin, regardless of its price:
2. System 2 Aircon (Smile series)
3. System 3 Aircon (iSmile series)
4. System 4 Aircon (iSmile series)
THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR BEFORE AN AIRCON INSTALLATION
If you intend to install an aircon in your home, here are a few things to look out for before installing our aircon:
- Choose the best air-conditioner
The more common type of aircon used are wall-mounted air conditioners that come with the window unit. Wall units are fixed to the wall and cannot be moved, and it is connected to the outside of the wall too. A wall aircon installation may be pricey but it is more sustainable in the long run. However, window units can be installed without needing a professional aircon installer.
- Size of living area
Depending on the size of the room, the power of the air conditioner you choose may vary. Kitchen areas are normally warmer than the rest of the house and would need a higher BTU rating aircon. On average, a 5,000 BTU cooling capacity air conditioner is recommended for every 150 square feet of living space.
- Cost of electricity
Having a few air conditioners installed at home provides comfort for daily activities. On the other hand, running an aircon for several house could cost you nearly $150 monthly per unit, it is important you be thrifty. Be sure to lookout for energy efficient air conditioners in the future.
- Extra services and offers
Your aircon installation price may include optional upgrades or offers. These include maintenance and aircon servicing packages, and other warranties that you should consider. In such instances, we reckon that you go for it as it saves you money and reduces your liability if anything goes wrong.
After deciding on the aircon brand, you should engage a reliable aircon servicing company to do the aircon installation. Find out from friends and family to get recommendations on the best aircon servicing companies in Singapore. Alternatively, you could use a trusted aircon installer in Singapore such as DW Aircon Singapore. We are able to care for your wiring, electric load, and do swift installation.
COMMON MISTAKES TO AVOID DURING DAIKIN AIRCON INSTALLATION
Before doing any aircon installation, here are certain things to take note to avoid the common mistakes during a Daikin aircon installation.
- Choosing the wrong BTU
The British Thermal Unit (BTU) measures how fast an aircon can cool down a room. Depending on the room size and humidity of the room, choosing the right BTU for an air conditioner will help you be more energy and cost efficient.
- Wrong aircon positioning
There are designated places to install an aircon that will ultimately save on your electricity bills, extend the lifespan of your aircon, and helps your room cool down efficiently.
- Wrong thermostat positioning
The thermostat senses the temperature in a room and determines if it should be powered up or down. If the thermostat is installed near heat, it will encourage the aircon to work harder, increasing your electricity bills.
Check the aircon gas levels and possible aircon leaks. To avoid any unnecessary expenses, be sure to re-evaluate your system. Hire our aircon servicing team to thoroughly check for potential leaks before installing your cooling system.
COMMON PROBLEMS OF DAIKIN AIRCON
Like any other home appliance, there are also common problems with Daikin air conditioners.
- Aircon leak
A Daikin aircon leaks when it breaks down. The aircon leakage usually is because of a clogged aircon pipe or a blockage in the evaporator coil, leading to condensation forming and seeping out. This is a sign that an aircon servicing is required.
- Unable to switch on/off
In this instance, the wiring could be the problem. Our qualified technicians can check the wiring and perform an aircon repair when such a problem occurs.
- Failure to cool or heat
The problem lies with a faulty thermostat. The evaporating coil might also be frozen hence, it is unable to evaporate the cooling liquid into gas and absorb heat at the same time.
- Refrigerant leaks
A leaking refrigerant can occur especially with cracked evaporating coils or holes, causing the whistling a hissing sound to emit from the aircon.
It could be due to a refrigerant leak, clogged fan coil, choked-up condenser, an off-kilter aircon blower and many others. An experienced aircon technician will be able to diagnose any underlying issues and recommend what are the next steps to take.
PROPER DAIKIN AIRCON MAINTENANCE
Although Daikin air conditioners are built to last, they too, require maintenance and cleaning to be functioning.
- Clean aircon filters
Daikin aircon’s filters work to prevent smoke, dirt, dust, and other harmful elements from entering in your premise. It requires regular cleaning to prevent common aircon issues. If you do not clean the filters regularly, its impurities will clog the airways and disallow your aircon from working in its full capacity and affects the energy efficiency. Apply the best filter cleaning techniques to keep your aircon filters clean and fully functional.
- Clean the fan coil
Whenever you start using your Daikin aircon, ensure the cooling fan is perfectly clean. The top 3 aircon parts that require periodic care includes the fan coil. When not kept up with its maintenance, you will risk an aircon repair of the condenser fan. Dirt can accumulate on this fan that can affect its performance.
To maintain the air conditioner’s exterior appearance, you should regularly clean the air outlet with a soft cloth. It is easy to do and you can learn how to do your own normal aircon servicing. Dust can accumulate at the top of the aircon, and cleaning it with a cloth can maintain its visual appeal.
Here are some projects that we have undergone (Click on the link to view the full project):
Why would I need a Daikin aircon replacement or repair?
Daikin air conditioners would require replacement and repair for obvious reasons such as an aircon leak, refrigerant leak, failure to cool or heat, and when it makes a hissing sound.
What are the symptoms that your aircon is failing?
These are the aircon repair symptoms you should note as it is a huge sign that your aircon is failing.
- Aircon not blowing cold air – Your aircon could be experiencing a weak air flow or blowing out hot air due to a faulty compressor or capacitor.
- Gas pipe leakage – Unpleasant odor smells of poisonous Freon gas in your indoor unit or stained pipes could be the cause of a gas pipe leakage.
- Water leakage – Water dripping from fan coils or build up of ice on the copper refrigerant lines are evidences of water leakage happening.
- Aircon unit automatically switches off – This happens due to irregular servicing. A dirty aircon compressor or condenser can lead to overheating, causing the system to shut itself down. If still experiencing the same issue after cleaning, the issue lies with your thermostat.
- Blinking lights – A warning sign that your aircon is experiencing problems that require immediate attention. Perhaps a faulty compressor, low refrigerant levels, electrical faults, or dirty filters.
- Compressor stops running – Examine the start relay, capacitor, valves, and terminal connections. If they are not functioning as per normal, call DW Aircon Servicing and they will be able to solve this issue.
- Emits foul odor – A pungent smell that comes from an air conditioner tells you that there is a burnt wiring or mouldy ductwork.
How many types of aircon repair are available in Singapore?
Here are the 6 aircon repair types available:
- Aircon leak repair – The most common repair issue with air conditioners and knowing how to spot the leak is important. If the leak is persistent, it would decrease the refrigerant levels and create further issues.
- Compressor repair/replacement – Since this system will run every time you turn your aircon unit, it is likely to experience electrical and motor problems. As this compressor problem requires complicated troubleshooting, engage in the services of an experienced aircon technician to solve the issue.
- Fan motor repair/replacement – An aircon unit has two fans – the blower and condenser fan. The condenser is responsible for taking out the heat. Meanwhile, the blower pushes the cool air into the ductwork. Like other aircon parts, the fan’s motor, blades, and belts run into some problems after constant usage.
- Circuit board repair/replacement – A sudden increase in electric voltage, a shortened wiring, or short circuit might happen as a result of pests and insects present.
- Capacitor repair/replacement – When capacitors require repairing or replacement, it might be because of an overheating problem. If no attended to promptly, it could blow up fuses, leading to sudden shutdowns and humming sounds coming from capacitors.
- Thermistor repair/replacement – If your air filter and fan motor seem to be in good working condition, then you might have a problem with your thermistor.
Call us for your aircon repairs and installation
At DW Aircon Servicing Singapore, we offer profession aircon repair Singapore services at affordable pricing. Our team of aircon technician have more than 10 years of experience and are well-equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to solve any of your aircon problems. Browse our wide range of aircon projects and positive reviews to see it for yourself!
Call us today at +65 6909 2200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about other aircon services, repair, and installation works in Singapore.
Top Selling Daikin Aircon Models
DW Aircon provides an extensive range of Aircon Services including reliable aircon servicing, aircon repair, aircon installation, aircon chemical wash, aircon cleaning and aircon gas top up. We focus on aircon servicing and offer aircon promotion with competitive and cheap aircon servicing prices. We also offer aircon maintenance and servicing contracts. We have a team of professional technicians who are equipped with vast knowledge and experience in the Aircon industry. We have over 10 years of experience in dealing with aircon works and have completed thousands of aircon works for both residential (Landed, Condo and HDB) and commercial. We are highly recommended Aircon Company in Singapore, with many delighted customers and reviews over the years on Google and Facebook. Call us now at +65 6909 2200 for a reliable and efficient experience with your aircon needs.