With Singapore’s hot climate, almost all homes and commercial areas are air-conditioned. However, if you’re just planning to get an aircon installation done, it is important to take note of important points before delving straight into the job.
Our high-quality professional technicians will assist you to decide on quality aircon installation options in line with your budget, preferences, and suitability for your residential or commercial purposes.
You might want to check out our complete aircon buying guide before getting an installation done.
Table of Contents
- Factors to Consider Before Getting an Aircon Installation Done
- Common Mistakes to avoid when getting an aircon installation done
- Why You Should Get a Programmable Thermostat Together with Your Aircon Installation
- Case Study
- Get the best aircon prices in Singapore
- Aircon Installation Price
- Choose DW Aircon Servicing Singapore For Quality Aircon Installation
Factors to Consider Before Getting an Aircon Installation Done
Getting an aircon installation done is no easy feat. It is advised that homeowners do their own research and readings before taking on any air conditioning installation works. Reading a thorough aircon installation guide will definitely aid you during the entire process. But for now, here are important factors to consider before getting an aircon installation done in Singapore:
- Size and Location of Your Room
- The size and location of the room where you want to get an aircon installation done are as important as the type of air conditioning unit itself. Knowing where the room is positioned as well as its size influences the specifics you should take note of when buying an air conditioning unit. An aircon’s cooling capacity is determined by a standard British Thermal Unit (BTU) rating. The number of BTUs needed for a certain room is calculated by multiplying the square foot of the room by 35. As such, an area of around 150 in square feet needs 5,000 BTUs during aircon installation. Warmer areas such as a kitchen or a living room that directly faces the sun also require additional BTUs in order to be cooled properly.
- Types of Air Conditioner
Choosing the most suitable air conditioner for your specific needs is also an important factor to consider before conducting any aircon installation works. With the help of a professional and recommended aircon installer, here are the kinds of air conditioners that you can consider for your home or office.
- Room Air Conditioner – As the cheapest option, room air conditioners usually only have a lifespan of 10-15 years. However, it is also considered the most popular cooling system being the most affordable choice. Just be sure to get it properly installed by a recommended aircon installer in order to avoid any air leakages from the sides.
- Evaporative Cooler – With a lifespan of 15-20 years, evaporative coolers remain a suitable option for homeowners living in dry areas. This type of air conditioning adds moisture to the air, unlike regular air conditioning units. With this additional feature, an evaporator cooler usually requires more frequent maintenance.
- Central Air Conditioners – Central Air Conditioning units can be mostly found in commercial places in Singapore and they last for about 15-20 years. While aircon installation for this type might be more mostly because of the hacking of walls and ductwork, it will undoubtedly provide a cost-efficient cooling system that keeps temperatures consistent throughout a space.
- Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioners – Ductless Mini-Splits are the most popular type of wall air conditioner found in Singapore homes. They have a lifespan of about 15-20 years and usually produce less noise than window air conditioner as its compressor is located outdoors. Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioners can provide both cooling and heating, which is most suitable for places with unpredictable weather.
- Air Conditioner’s Electric Usage & Costs
- With Singapore’s extremely warm climate, it is almost impossible to get through the day without turning on an air conditioner. Before you get an aircon installation done, just know that an average unit uses ten times as more electrical power compared to your regular standing fan. You can prevent such hefty costs by choosing an air conditioner with a higher Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER). You can save as much as 10% on your electricity bill by doing so in addition to following these aircon energy saving tips.
- Ask for extra services and offers
- Aircon installers in Singapore will usually offer extra services packages in addition to the installation. While it may seem annoying to some, remember that such aircon deals can lead to more savings in the future. A recommended aircon installer like DW Aircon Servicing Singapore provides a range of affordable services including a quarterly aircon servicing package.
- Work with a Recommended Aircon Installer
- Now that you’ve read about some factors to consider, it is time to scour for a highly recommended aircon installer to do your installation. While pricing might be an important point of consideration, be sure to work with a trusted and professional aircon servicing company in Singapore to avoid any future aircon problems.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Getting an Aircon Installation Done
- Choosing the Wrong Aircon Size
- As mentioned earlier, it is essential to take note of the size of your room. Such measurements are important when choosing the specific type of air conditioner suitable for your area. This also influences other factors such as the aircon insulation and air circulation in your room.
- Not Securely Installing the Aircon Unit
- Another common mistake is not ensuring that the AC unit is properly secured during the aircon installation. Both wall and window air conditioners should have the necessary support underneath and on its sides.
- Improper Insulation
- Wrong Positioning of the Aircon Unit
- When getting an aircon installation done, remember to position your AC unit in a shaded spot. By doing so, the air conditioning unit will not have to work as hard to cool the room.
- Not checking for Leakages
- Despite having a new aircon installation done, it is still important to check any refrigerant leaks. 10% loss of refrigerant levels can already lead to an increase in electricity bills by 20%.
In order to these common mistakes during aircon installations, make sure that you engage with a trusted and highly recommended aircon installer in Singapore.
Want to get more savings without compromising your air conditioner’s cooling capacity? Then opt for a programmable thermostat together with your aircon installation.
There are many benefits of using a programmable thermostat. They are powerful and energy efficient devices that can automatically adjust the temperature of your room throughout the day. With the use of humidity, light, and motion sensors, programmable thermostats can adjust temperatures as precisely as to half-a-degree.
Get the Best Aircon Prices in Singapore
We deal in a number of trendy aircon units including Mitsubishi, LG, Samsung, Toshiba, Panasonic, Sanyo, Sharp, Carrier, Fujitsu, Daikin and much more. Our aircon professionals are adept at handling both inverter and non-inverter Air conditioners and are fully equipped to handle a wide range of Aircon installations such as wall mounts, cassettes, window casements, ducted, portable and ceiling-suspended Aircon systems.
DW Aircon Servicing Singapore is also able to get you the best aircon prices that are well below the retail prices directly from the suppliers. Visit our aircon catalogue here to view the range of brands and models that we carry. If you’re still unsure of what brand to get, read more about the top 3 best-selling aircon brands in Singapore.
Aircon Installation Price
Our aircon installation prices are reasonable and affordable, and depends on a number of factors including but not limited to:
- Brands/ Models
- Installation material used.
- Inverter vs. Non-inverter system
- Type of installation
- Country of production
Choose DW Aircon Servicing Singapore For Quality Aircon Installation
We are the recommended aircon installer in Singapore that offers a broad range of aircon services. Our technicians are fully equipped to install the common systems for the Condo/HBD including System-3 air conditioners. Our professional air conditioning installers are also available for landed properties that require air conditioning installation or replacement in apartments where the ceiling is higher than usual (Cassette Aircon) or Split units for bedroom purposes.
With unbeatable customer service and quality aircon services, DW Aircon Servicing Singapore remains the highly recommended aircon installer in the country. We pride ourselves with experienced aircon technicians with the required industry licenses to ensure premium aircon installation. Whether you’re in a residential or commercial compound, we ensure that our aircon specialists are equipped with the necessary tools to conduct proper aircon installation.
Already thinking of getting an aircon installation done? Read through our comprehensive aircon installation guide to understand more about the work you’re about to delve into.
We operate from Mondays to Sundays (9am – 9pm).