With Singapore’s hot climate, it is almost impossible to carry out daily activities without air conditioning. But constant usage of air conditioners over time without proper maintenance may lead to a variety of aircon problems. Before you can begin to repair your air conditioner, the first step is to get a qualified aircon professional to have a look at it and give a diagnosis of your current situation.
Instead of letting a non-functional aircon put you and your loved ones in uncomfortable situations, you are better off having a professional aircon repair technician in Singapore fix it for you. At DW Aircon Servicing Singapore, we carry out thorough aircon troubleshooting or inspection along with a range of aircon services.
Have you ever wondered what kind of symptoms may trigger the need for an aircon repair? Let us guide you through several signs suggesting the need for an aircon repair, tips on how to handle an aircon emergency, and some aircon projects we’ve done.
Table of Contents
- Signs Your Aircon Needs Repair
- What to Do During an Aircon Emergency
- Types of Aircon Repair Services
- Case Study
- Choose DW Aircon Servicing Singapore For Your Quality Aircon Repair Services
Signs Your Aircon Needs Repair
It is common to experience a couple of aircon problems over a period of time, especially when you have an old AC unit. While some signs are more obvious than the rest, it is important to get your aircon fixed by a professional technician as soon as possible when certain issues occur.
Here are signs to look out for to find out whether you need an aircon repair:
- Water Leakages
- Water leakages from air conditioners can cause a major annoyance to owners. Not only will you have to deal with cleaning up the water leakage on the floor, but you also have to put up with the sound of water dripping out of the aircon unit. There are several reasons why a water leaks out of an air conditioner. However, these reasons often cannot be identified by owners, which makes troubleshooting by a profession aircon technician When leakages are not immediately taken care of, molds may grow on certain parts of the unit, which may lead to further problems and eventual aircon replacement.
- Not Turning On
- Does your aircon unit refuse to work even after being turned on? If yes, then you might have a situation. This problem usually results from a blown fuse or a circuit breaker tripping. As such, both need to be replaced and reset. If these methods still do not work, then there might be a problem with your thermostat. It could also be that there is a foreign body lodged in the system, an accumulation of fine dust gathered over a period of time or even a damaged compressor. In most apartment complexes in Singapore, the air conditioners sometimes break down from old age. A trusted aircon technician will be able to fix this for you.
- Bad Odour
- Suffering from a smelly aircon? Irregular aircon maintenance may result in an accumulation of dust, dirt, and grime in your unit or a clogged aircon drain. These causes may then lead to the unit releasing a bad odour.
- Freezing Up
- You might need an aircon repair once ice starts to form on your AC unit. In fact, a study revealed that 70% of aircon repair companies in Singapore are hired just to fix air conditioners that have ice build-ups. There are many reasons behind ice build-ups, and it is crucial to get an experienced technician for the air conditioning repair.
- Does Blow Out Cold Air
- Blows Out Warm/Hot Air
- Increase in electric bill
- A sudden spike in your electric bill might suggest that you already need an aircon repair. Faulty air conditioners that result from bad installation or a lack of aircon maintenance will consume more electricity. Be sure to work with a reliable and professional aircon specialist to avoid such problems in the future.
- Weak Airflow
- Sudden shutdowns
- Does your unit keep turning off by itself? That’s one sign that you need to get your aircon fixed. Loose wirings, a dirty evaporato and unit, as well as a frozen condenser, are just some factors contributing to this aircon problem.
- Generating Noise
- Different noises generated by air conditioners signify different problems. Don’t wait too long before bringing this up to a professional technician that can fix your aircon.
What to Do During an Aircon Emergency
Aircon breakdowns can be extremely troublesome especially when living in a humid country like Singapore. It is crucial to contact an experienced technician to solve aircon emergencies, but you can also carry out inspection by following these steps while waiting for them to arrive.
- Check the Circuit Breaker
- Ensure that the circuit breaker has not tripped. This is the usually the first inspection done by most air conditioner repair companies.
- Do Not Engage in DIY Aircon Repair
- One of the most important steps to not try to fix the aircon by yourself. Always get an experienced aircon specialist. You might be tempted to follow online guides and tutorials to solve the problem, but this may only exacerbate the issue.
- Call an Experienced and Professional Aircon Specialist
- Air conditioner companies tend to charge more for emergency calls, especially after normal business hours. However, it is important to engage their services in order to properly solve the issue.
Types of Aircon Repair Services
- Leak Repair
- Irregular servicing and cleaning might lead to problems like water leakages. When such an issue occurs, make sure to call an experienced and professional aircon technician immediately.
- Fan Motor Replacement
- This aircon repair service ensures that your air conditioner’s fan motor is working properly to prevent the compressor from overheating.
- Welding Works
- Welding works are necessary to fix aircon coils that have been damaged over time.
- Circuit Board (PCB) Replacement
- Introduction of a high voltage that goes beyond a circuit board’s threshold might eventually damage it. In a case, an aircon circuit board (PCB) replacement is required for proper aircon functioning.
- Capacitor Replacement
- Overheating due to a continuous usage of an air conditioning unit might damage a capacitor. You will need a professional aircon technician to carry out the replacement.
- Condenser Replacement
- If you experience frequent aircon breakdowns due to poor installation, you might have to replace your condenser. This can be done by an experienced aircon specialist.
- Thermistor Replacement
- A thermistor is a kind of temperature sensor is an important part of an air conditioning unit as it ensures that the aircon is functioning at the correct temperature.
- Aircon Chemical Overhaul, Aircon Insulation, And Solved Aircon Leaking (HDB flat, Bukit Panjang, Singapore)
- Aircon Welding Works and Circuit Board (PCB) Replacement For Inverter Compressor (Office, Raffles Place, Singapore)
- Aircon Circuit Board (PCB) and Fan Motor Replacement (Office, Cecil Street, Raffles Places Singapore)
Choose DW Aircon Servicing Singapore For Your Quality Aircon Repair Services
Looking for experienced aircon technicians that deliver premium service? At DW Aircon Servicing Singapore, we provide only the best option for all your aircon service needs – from aircon repair to aircon replacement.
Having a broken air conditioner can make you and your family and even business partners uncomfortable. Aside from getting your aircon back to full working condition, we also assist with routine maintenance of air conditioners.
DW Aircon Servicing Singapore has experienced air conditioner repair technicians that can be on-site quickly to troubleshoot aircon problems and carry out necessary repairs using high-quality replacement parts. We ensure that all repairs and installations are working optimally and are covered within manufacturer’s warranty.
Don’t let Singapore’s heat make you uncomfortable when your aircon breaks down. Get a free consultation to help you save money on your next aircon repair in Singapore. We also offer a service guarantee for all our aircon services to make sure that you have confidence in all our works and its outcome.
We pride ourselves with aircon repair experts with the required industry licenses to ensure quality aircon repair services. Whether you’re in a residential or commercial compound, we ensure that our aircon specialists are equipped with the necessary tools to fix aircon problems.
We operate from Mondays to Sundays (9am – 9pm).